Friday, January 23, 2009

California and Craig-y-nos...

Emails pop up from all over the world regarding Craig-y-nos.

Take this one which has just arrived from California:

"I just had to say hello because I was looking on the web for other "Ann Shaw's" to see how many might be out there and found you!

What makes it even more interesting is that during the 70's I lived for a while just north of Glasgow on the east shore of Loch Lomond, just off the road between Drymen & Balmaha.

I later found that a good number of my ancestors were Scots from the north end of the loch.

I can't tell you how many times I climbed Conic Hill.

Anyhow, I don't know if this means anything to you. I'm impressed that you survived your ordeal and then had the moxie to bring up an apparently buried subject and bring it to light. How nice that you helped others tell their stories too.

--Ann Shaw
(now in sunny Southern California)



Great to hear from you Ann!

No comments: