Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ghosts in the computers?

I have had a typist helping me transcribe some of the tapes and I got an e-mail from her the other day apologising for the delay but she had been having some “trouble with her computer.

I thought nothing of it at the time.
Don't we all have “trouble with the computer” from time to time? except yesterday I had an unusually bad dose of “troubles” - a` morning writing up an interview and giving it two different file names to make it double secure only to find at the end it had suddenly reverted to the original rough notes and I had to start again.

Now Apple gurus tell me this is impossible. That technically you cant "loose" files once they have been saved. Well, I lost 2 file copies yesterday and not for the first time. So when I came across my typist e-mail apologising for the delay I thought I would check to see which interviews she was transcribing and the one that I had been working on. They all shared one thing in common: all were ex patients in Adelina Patti bedroom.

PS.er....just as I was writing this an email popped into my letterbox from Craig-y-nos Castle with 3 images which they claim to have captured on their cctv cameras: except they are so blurry I can't make them out and will put that down to bad lighting and an over-active imagination on the part of the participants in the ghost tours.

No comments: