Monday, June 23, 2008

Pamela Hamer( nee Osmond) 1947-1950

Does anyone remember Pamela Hamer( nee Osmond)?

I have just had an email from her and she would dearly love to know if there are any photos in existence of her time in Craig-y-nos or if anyone remembers her.

She's was on a frame on the balcony and she woke one night to find a rat in the bed with her.

She says:
"Being in that hospital as a child I am sure it has made me the person I am today.
My life was so boring I used to say to the cleaner I wish I could sweep the floor, and she would smile and say:' come on then.'

But I could`nt move at all. I developed a lot of patience by waiting to get well. I play games with my children for hours and I will have a go at anything. I have all the patience in the world.

I remember a little girl I thought her name was Joan Hubbard, but you said that the Joan you knew was Joan Powell, maybe I am wrong, the Joan I knew was from Cardigan in Wales she was a lovely little girl, she came into hospital in 1950 she was in the corner on the right hand side there was a door between us, she was on a plaster bed just like the one I had just came off.

I remember you, I wish I had a photo of myself as a child or if someone could remember me."

No comments: