Monday, December 31, 2007

Joan Wotton ( nee Thomas ) - 1950-53


Girls from Ward 2 out for their afternoon exercise.
(from let to right) Marjory, Sylvia, Anne and Polly

Colour comes to Craig-y-nos: this photo has just arrived on email from Joan's daughter Beth.
This is the first coloured photograph ( thanks to digital technology) I have received and it is also the first time Beth has emailed photos.

Well done!




This is a rare photograph of a man in Craig-y-nos. Is this Joan with her father ?

Joan says:" If anyone remembers me please get in touch. I was the one who had her teeth knocked out by Mary Jones, also I loved to sing and would often sing for the girls. I remember Rita, Marjorie, Anne, Polly, Gaynor, Rose, Irene,and Elaine.Rita and Marjory ran away but were picked up a few miles away down the road from Craig y nos."

You can contact Joan through her daughter Beth Rees.
email: p.rees80@ntlworld.com

I am looking forward to speaking to Joan as soon as the festive season is over - she says she remembers me. Certainly we were in at the same time.

No comments: