Monday, March 26, 2007

Mary Davies (nee Morris) -1951


Got this email from Mary to-day:

" Hey I would like to add to your site with my experiences.

I was in Craig-Y-Nos in 1951. The photo shows me holding a teddy bear taken in September it was a present from my family for my 9th birthday in August.
I don’t remember much about my stay only that I was out on the balcony and when I was rainy and windy they had to put tarpaulin on top of the bed to stop it getting wet. While in Craig-Y-Nos I made 3 good friends one was called Mary Jones one Jeanette Wakeham but I cannot recall the name of the 3rd one, we had a photograph taken but I can’t find it but will keep looking for it, and post it when I do.
I also remember doing lessons much to my disgust.

When I had a bungalow built I named it Craig-Y-Nos after my experience of the real Craig-Y-Nos, this is a picture of the bungalow.


I have been married for 46 years have 3 children and 4 grandchildren.

The thing that sticks out in my mind was my parents were only allowed to see me one weekend a month. They only came one day as it was too far to travel as we lived in Rhayader in Mid Wales

No comments: