Friday, April 27, 2007

BBC web-site

These two postings have appeared on the BBC Mid Wales website:

Debbie Evans Ystalyfera
This is a wonderful insight to peoples memories. I am too young to remember the TB hospital but My Mam was a patient there, and used to go to respite a couple of times a year and sadly died there . I myself spent a few days there with a chest infection at the age of 17 & I found it scary, later on when the castle was changed to a restraunt I was the cook. My memories of the snow falling and being able to sit by the roaring log fire are so different to the memories of the children of the castle. My Father who is from Abercrave has retold many stories of the Hospital, and I am looking forward to reading & learning more about the years people spent there.
Thu Apr 26 14:20:11 2007
Geraint Morgan, Llandod
My gran was there, and I think she has dug out a bunch of old photos from her time there for either this book or some similar project. She was a much older patient though, in her 20s. Had to make arrangements for treatment when she was on her honeymoon in Aberystywth.
Wed Apr 25 14:56:46 2007

No comments: