Thursday, November 29, 2007

Posters around Brecon

Delivering posters for the exhibition around Brecon I am astonished at the warm reception I get.


“Craig-y-nos? Yes, I will take one...my mother/auntie, relative/neighbour was there as a child”.
Or “I know someone who worked there.”

For TB, or “the white plague” touched nearly every family in some form or other in rural mid-Wales, a renowed treacherous black spot for the disease.

I was just about to walk out of one shop when the owner stopped me.”I was at Craig-y-nos Castle recently for one of their ghost evenings.”

“What was it like?”
“They were conjuring up the spirits of dead children.”

We agree it’s in bad taste. Yet nobody seems to mind. I have mentioned it tentatively to several people only to be told:”It brings money into the area.”

What do you think?

No comments: