Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Delphine Watkins (1951)

So much information comes in on email these days about Craig-y-nos that I thought it would be interesting to share some of it with you.

Here's one from Delphine Barnes ( nee Watkins)
“I was a patient at Craigynos in l951.
The staff nurse at the time was Glenys Maud Davies.
I remember receiving the letter to go there on my l5th birthday.
I was to be admitted 2 days later, at that time it was perceived that if you went to Craigynos you would not come out of there. 

I went from a very loving family to this asture castle, and I was not allowed visitors for 5 weeks, staff nurse Davies was from fForestfach, where I lived, and she looked after me as I was very homesick.
The rumour was that Madam Patti huanted the wards. You can imagine how scared I was never having been away from home.  I really could go on for ever discussing the time I spent there.
You have brought back so many memories.”

No comments: