Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sister Roberts 1952-53



Eurwen Roberts, the niece of Sister Roberts emailed me to say that Sister Roberts, passed away in 1959 at the comparatively young age of 50.

She says:
"My auntie was at Craig –y-nos from 1952 to 1955 leaving there to go to Mardy Isolation Hospital Merthyr. She would always come home to stay with her sister in Llanwrtyd Wells and then she would come and visit us as she was my fathers other sister.

My recollection of her was that of a very kind hearted and caring individual who always gave generously to her 2 nephews and 2 nieces.
I was very interested to read that Mary Sutton-Coulson remembers her. What kind of patients did auntie nurse in the Glass Conservatory? I followed my auntie into the nursing profession.

I also note her comment regarding the Dr Williams family, I would imagine that auntie would show great respect towards the medical profession at Craig-y-nos."

No comments: