Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Carole Hughes (nee Davies)-visit to exhibition



Carole, age 5, Craig-y-nos 1951-54

Carole Hughes has just sent me this email:
"On Saturday August 9th I went to Swansea museum to the exhibition I did enjoy it even though it rained so heavy outside. I met nurse Valerie Brent that was so lovely and I spoke to her.
There were a few visitors there. They were emotional seeing how we were and they all wanted to put their arms around me which was a big change from the time we had TB .

I was the first of the old patients to go back to Craig y nos in 2004 I went there twice and could not face going there again but I will be there for the launch of the book."

It was Carole who first suggested to me that I should write a book about Craig-y-nos, something I put off for over a year until a return visit finally spurred me on when I discovered that there was nothing, absolutely nothing, known about the time it was a children's TB sanatorium.

(N.B. Carole was also in Sully.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ann. Thank you for your support of Target TB. I'm delighted that you heard the R4 appeal, we had a fantastic response. Your research into Craig-y-nos looks extremely interesting and has clearly demonstrated great interest. Do contact me here at Target TB if you would like any further info on us. With best wishes, Sarah. shandley@targettb.org.uk